- To view, make or change reservations, you must log in. The NMR
Manager will assign you a login name (usually the same as your email name)
and initial password. In the interest of password security, you will be
required to change your password the first time you log in; if you have
problems, notify facility staff (email to email@example.com). Login sessions
will expire after about 5 minutes of inactivity.
- To select the schedule for a different instrument, use the selector near the
top left of the page.
- To select the schedules for different dates, use the "Forward
|1 day>|" or "Back |<1 day|"
buttons near the top of the page to change the date.
- Every reservation day is divided into 10 minute blocks, each block
initially labelled with its starting time. Each page displays one
reservation day, that is from 08:30 am of one
calendar day to 08:30 am of the next calendar day.
The times from midnight to 08:30 am the next day
are labelled in a different color.
- To choose a reservation starting time, click once on the time
that you wish your reservation to begin.
The starting date and time should appear in the "FROM:" box at
the top, and the labels of that block and all the subsequent time blocks
will change from
the starting time to the ending time of the block.
If you change your mind and want to select a different starting time, you
must click on the "CLEAR" button.
- To choose your ending time, click once on a later time (click again on the same
button, if you want to reserve just one ten-minute block). The corresponding
date and time should appear in the "TO:" box at the top.
If you change your mind before clicking "ADD:", use the "CLEAR" button to start over.
- To add your chosen reservation time to the schedule, click
on the "ADD:" button; if your reservation
is allowed, your login name should appear in the cells corresponding to
your chosen time interval. If not, an explanation of why your reservation
attempt failed should appear; click on "OK" after reading it.
- To make a reservation extending into the next reservation day, click
first on your desired starting time, then advance the date with
the "Forward |1 day>|"
button and click on your desired ending time.
- To change your password for the scheduling system, click on "Change Password"
and follow the instructions.
- To look up the real name, research group affiliation, and (possibly) the
email address and phone extension of a user, click on that user's name
in a reservation time block.
Reservation time limits:
- ava300 time between 08:30 AM and 19:00 PM on weekdays and Saturdays ("prime-time", which appears as a different color in the schedule) may not be reserved more than 0.5 Hr before 08:30 AM of the day for which the reservation is made.
- There is a limit of 50 minutes of ava300 prime-time per person each day, except that prime-time ending no more than 50 minutes from now may be reserved without regard to the 50 minute maximum.
- There is currently no limit on the amount of non-prime time that may be reserved, except that ava300 time may not be reserved further in the future than 08:30 AM, 3 days from today.Back to top